Over the past few years, many people have transformed their skincare and body care routines to include more healthy, natural ingredients. But what about hair care?
If you’re curious about making the switch to natural hair care in 2023, read on. We’ll break down our botanical shampoo and conditioner formulas and explore what makes natural hair care so essential.
Here at Tofino Soap Company, we’re passionate about natural ingredients. We believe in the power and efficacy of nature’s best ingredients and we’ve been creating hand-crafted, natural formulas since our very beginning.
Our botanical shampoo and conditioner formulas are packed with vitamin-rich plant oils and extracts – designed to nourish and enhance your hair.
It was important to us to create natural hair products that don’t contain any of the potentially toxic ingredients that are commonly found in shampoos and conditioners. That’s why our formulas are always free of synthetic chemicals, artificial fragrances, chemical preservatives, sulfates, and detergents.
Our Botanical Shampoo
Our Botanical Shampoo formula was born out of the need to find a shampoo that effectively cleanses but doesn’t strip the scalp of its natural oils. While conventional shampoos use sulfates to cleanse hair, we instead added poly glucose (made from potato oil) as a natural surfactant to create a rich lather. Here are some of the star ingredients in the botanical shampoo formula:
Oats have long been used in skincare and body care for their soothing properties. Did you know that oats are also useful in hair care? Oat protein:
- Promotes softness and smoothness in hair
- Creates a protective layer on the hair, helping to prevent water loss
- Strengthens hair and reduces breakage
NETTLE LEAF EXTRACT
Rich in vitamins A, C, D, E, and minerals, nettle leaf extract has become a popular hair care ingredient in recent years. It has been known to help with:
- Reducing inflammation and soothing the scalp
- Preventing hair loss and promoting fuller hair
- Protecting against environmental aggressors with antioxidants
While all vitamins have their benefits in a botanical shampoo formula, Vitamin B5 is a powerhouse moisturizing ingredient. It helps with:
- Improving moisture retention and preventing moisture loss
- Smoothing cracks and damage in hair strands
- Balancing hair moisture content on the scalp, preventing excess oil
Our Botanical Conditioner
The perfect pair for our botanical shampoo, the Botanical Conditioner contains deeply moisturizing oils and extracts to help detangle and soothe strands. These are some of the top ingredients in the formula to help improve hair health:
HEMP SEED OIL
Bursting with omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids, hemp seed oil is a deeply nourishing and strengthening ingredient. Hemp seed oil:
- Contains high levels of Vitamin E and other antioxidants
- Draws moisture into the hair, improving hydration levels
- Helps to lower inflammation in the scalp and the strands
Derived from a plant in the fern family, horsetail extract has attracted quite the buzz in the hair care community over the past couple of years. Horsetail extract has been known to help with:
- Strengthening the hair with its mineral-rich silica content
- Boosting scalp health and preventing hair loss
- Promoting the growth of new hair by regulating the growth cycle
Known for its deeply soothing properties, aloe vera is a powerhouse ingredient used in many skincare and body care formulas. Here’s how it can benefit your hair:
- Protects against free radical damage with antioxidants
- Soothes irritation and itchiness on the scalp
- Promotes shine and hair health by infusing hydration
Natural Hair Styling
Beyond shampoo and conditioner, what are some other ways that you can use natural ingredients to get healthy, manageable hair? Whether you like to heat style your hair or air-dry and go, we have products to make your hair routine simple.
Easy Beach Waves
After you come out of the shower, generously spray our Surf Spray on damp hair. Lightly scrunch your hair and finger-comb the spray through it. This will give your natural hair a textured wave, reminiscent of spending a day on the beach.
Did you know that our Nootka Facial Oil can double as a hair oil? It’s true. Style your hair as usual and pump a couple of drops of oil into your fingertips. Work the oil into the ends of your hair and admire the nourishing shine.
Have you made the switch to natural hair care yet? What questions do you have about our botanical shampoo, conditioner, or hair treatments? Let us know in the comments down below and connect with us on Instagram @tofinosoapco.